Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It's NOT an eclipse, is it?

Well, well, well ... I have waited patiently for packages to arrive that might include some new and highly anticipated releases and ... I remain waiting; why is that?

I am eager to get my hands on the new joints from:

But while I salivated through a nice pile of music mail today, I was pleasantly surprised to get a copy of the new joint from the Clipse - and a clean copy to boot ... Apparently, this duo has been experiencing some record label woes - the situation has been chronicled in Vibe, CMJ and many others (so someone's working the publicity angle ...).

Most folks remember the Clipse from "Grindin" a while back; four years ago, I believe. Well, the Virginia Beach crew is back in the spotlight and I do mean the Virginia Beach crew - the Clipse has hooked up w/their high profile homies, the Neptunes.

I am all about the Clipse's "Hell Hath No Fury"; and I'd like to fill in the blank on that cliche ... I've only checked out the first four tracks, but track one has a really nasty beat, real funky (I can just see the folks doin some A-T-L style dance to it up in the club); it is sort of Neptune like, but somewhat of a departure from the Neptune's more commercial clientele.

Brothers Malice and Pusha have a real grimey delivery; they definitely have an edge and probably good reason too ... They don't pack the disk w/too many guests (except for the Diddy-like Pharrell) because they get the job done. Their mixtape cred is all over this project - at least what I've heard so far.

I'd love to go on and on, but I'm on a mission to get my hands on the aforementioned goodies .... and to seek out some mistletoe, schmooches hip hoppers ... kfox

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home